Cleaning your glass stove top doesn’t have to be a daunting task. In fact, it can be quite easy if you follow our best tips! We’ll show you how to clean a glass stove top quickly and easily, without using harsh chemicals. So, whether your stove top is dirty from cooking or needs a deep clean, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading for our top tips on how to clean a smooth stove top.
Here’s How to Clean a Glass Stove Top
If your glass stove or range top is in bad shape, we can help. Let’s learn how to clean a glass cooktop.
What Cleaner Is Best for a Smooth Stove Top
The first step is to figure out what type of cleaner you need. If your stove top is just a little dirty, you can use a mild all-purpose cleaner. For tougher jobs, a degreaser or glass stove top cleaner will work better.
If you’re looking for how to clean a glass stove top naturally there are usually good options at the store, or you can make your own. A simple mixture of baking soda and water can be effective, as well as white vinegar. Just be sure to avoid using harsh chemicals like bleach or ammonia, as these can damage the finish on your stove top.
Step By Step Guide to Cleaning a Glass Stove Top
Once you’ve decided on the right cleaner, it’s time to start cleaning! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean a glass stove top:
- Start by taking everything off of your stove top.
- Next, give the cooking surface a good once-over with a damp cloth to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- If there are stubborn spots, you can pre-treat them with your chosen cleaner. If you’re using a baking soda paste, spread the paste and then add vinegar, place a wet cloth on top and leave this on for 15 minutes. For store-bought cleaner, follow the instructions on the label.
- Once the pre-treating is done, it’s time to start scrubbing! Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to avoid scratching the surface.
- Rinse your stove top clean with water and dry it with a soft cloth.
- If there are stains still on the cooktop, you can repeat the process until they’re gone. If you started with store-bought cleaner, we would recommend giving the baking soda and vinegar method a try at this point.
- If you still can’t remove all the stains, a glass scraper can help get the last bits off.
- Finally, put everything back on your stove top and enjoy your clean kitchen!
How to Prevent Stains on a Glass Stove Top
The best way to keep your stove top clean is to prevent stains in the first place. Here are a few tips on how to do that:
- Use a stove top cover. This will help protect your stove top from splatters and spills.
- Clean up spills immediately. The longer they sit, the harder they will be to remove.
- Keep your stove top clean on a regular basis with a quick wipe-down after each use. This will help prevent buildup and make deeper cleaning easier.
Following these tips will help you keep your glass stove top looking like new. And if it does get dirty, we know how to clean a glass stove top quickly and easily! Just follow the steps in our guide and you’ll have a sparkling clean stove top in no time. And if you’re having any issues with your oven, remember our oven repair team is just a call away!